The Ghana Refrigerating Appliance Rebate Program is helping Ghanaians make an energy efficient choice when purchasing an appliance by offering rebates of up to GH¢ 300 for the purchase of an Energy Efficient Labeled refrigerator and freezer.
Participants in this programme will only enjoy the rebates when they surrender their old refrigerators at the point of purchase.
If you don’t think choosing an ENERGY STAR appliance can make a difference, consider these facts:
- The average household spends about GH¢ 432 each year on their energy bills through the use of refrigerators alone.
- Send your old functioning refrigerator to the retail outlet.
- Refrigerator will be tested to determine that it is functional.
- If appliance is functional, customers will qualify for a discount on the purchase of a new refrigerator.
- Choose from eligible refrigerators and pay the difference after redeeming the discount coupon.
- The rebates for the Rebate Scheme will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to qualified domestic consumers to purchase 2-star to 5-star rated refrigerators during the implementation period through participating retailers.